Del at Roosevelt (Lincoln) 3/8

 Left the house around 5:00 am to pick up my good fishing buddies JB and Big B. Fueled up and headed west out of Medical Lake on Hwy 2. At this point we were unsure where we were heading, just headed west. With great conversation with good friends we occasionally contemplated where we were heading! Made it through Davenport without turning north which wasn't a hard decision considering the results from the previous day. So still heading west at this point. We had narrowed our destination down to Rufus Woods or Lincoln. We decided to give a ring out to another good fishing buddy of ours from the NWW club who lives close to Rufus, for a little insider info. We didn't get an answer, probably due to the fact that I think we woke him up. Oops sorry bro!!! So we left a message and proceeded west when all of a sudden the truck veered to the right off of Hwy 2 at the Lincoln exit. We all looked at each other in complete surprise at what had just happen and decided that the truck must know something that we didn't!!! So we went with it!!!! At about this time the phone rang. It was the buddy we had woke up, returning our call. Come to find out he was getting ready to head our way to meet a friend at the confluence. That being said we figured that the truck had probably made the right decision. So we proceeded to Lincoln. Wow, what an adventure this trip had already began to be!!! But little did we know that we hadn't seen anything yet!!!!

 Launched at Lincoln at about 7:00 am and head to a favorite spot that had been good to us in the past.  We pulled in and turned in to the wind which was gusting at approx. 7-10 mph (cloudy and cold) and dropped the bow mount. Turned on the bow mount immediately to gain some boat control. I noticed right away that my drift speed was a bit higher than normal for these conditions. So I checked the battery, which to my surprise where only at 25%. The bank charger went t#@& up during the night and left us with minimal power for or trip. Well what do you do? So, we fished on! Water temp was 36 degrees and clarity was much better than the Spokane Arm. We started our drift using only the absolute minimal amount of power that we needed to stay on track due to the battery issue. Tossed out our jigging rigs with pumpkin seed w/ chart. tails and one with solid motor oil jigs and began to fish. About 10 - 15 mins. went by and nothing. I was already beginning to think this may end up being a short trip. When all of a sudden, BANG, FISH ON!!!! Big B lands a nice 20" wally!!! Got that one in the livewell and back out goes his motor oil jig  and BANG another bite, but missed that one. So at this point I am thinking time to change out my pumpkin jig to the motor oil. But before I could even finish thinking BANG FISH ON!!! I pull in a nice 19" wally. Then BANG, FISH ON!!!! JB pulls in a nice 20" wally!!! So at this point it is on. We end the first drift with five nice walleyes in the livewell. Back up we go to hit it again and we have the same results. We continue for about three hours until the bow mount finally loses power. With fishing this good we aren't about to call it quits! So we pull up to the head of our drift and drop the kicker and put it in reverse against the wind and current. We are right back at with the same results as the previous drifts. All fish seemed to be held up in the 35 - 45 foot range and they are hungry!

 Around mid afternoon the buddy that we had woke up that morning shows up and informs us that he had been at the confluence. And there were more boats than fish. He had only seen but a couple of fish caught all day and asked how we were doing. We held up a few fish that we had caught and told him that fishing hadn't been too bad. (Hehehe) So he jumped in the mix and had the same results. When it was all said and done, our boat had landed over 50 fish! With the biggest (a fat girl) weighing in at 5lbs! Caught and released by Big B!!! All fish kept where approx. 17" -  23" males. WOW what a adventure this turned out to be!!! We all agreed that this had to have been one of the best days (if not the best day) that we have ever had out on the main lake, L.R.!!!!! Well, be safe out there and good luck to all. Let's get out there and land some eyes!!!!